With the current balmy temperatures set to carry on into September we wanted to share some of our top summer ready cleaning tips to ensure that you are set for the weeks ahead.
Summer is the season of barbeques, garden parties, al fresco dining and watching sunsets with a tall drink! Get those gardens and outdoor spaces looking their best for the summer. Clearing the guttering is a must for summer along with weeding, sharpening the lawn edges and cutting back on overgrowth. Dust off the patio furniture and add a splash of colour to the garden with bright bedding plants. Give your outdoors a little make over with cushions, bunting and lanterns. Check out our outdoor maintenance service if you need a little helping hand.
Make way for lots of ice-cream and ice-pops – time to defrost. Ideally you should defrost the freezer when there is more than 1cm of ice built up. A household item for more than 120 years, the fridge-freezer should be defrosted regularly to keep it in good working order. Even if you have an automatic this is a good exercise to keeping everything fresh and clean.
- Switch off the fridge, and leave the door open.
- Take all the food out and store it in cooler bags, a neighbour’s fridge or a cold room.
- Take out any removable shelves and give them a wash – hot soapy water works best.
- Lay out old towels or sheets and wait for the ice to melt.
- Clean the fridge thoroughly, again with hot soapy water. Replace the shelves and restock for summer.
Top Tip: Use a halved lemon in your fridge to free it of foul odours!
Summer is here! Give your living spaces a refresh with a few seasonal changes. Fresh cut flowers, lighter, brighter throw-cushions along with a few new accessories in gorgeous pastel shades will give a new lease of life to your home. Tidy away your winter wardrobe and ask yourself, ‘Does it suit me? Does it fit? Do I love it?’ If the answer is no, it’s time to part ways. Ask the children to fill a box each of toys and games that they no longer play with. Charity shops will appreciate the contribution. You’ll feel lighter with less ‘stuff’!
Be BBQ Ready
We will all indulge in the odd beef burger or chicken skewer over the summer! Here’s how to get yourselves BBQ ready.
- The bake-off method – Add some fresh coals to the barbeque light them and allow it to reach a high temperature. Close the lid. 10 to 15 minutes at full heat. The heat will ‘bake-off’ any leftover burnt-on food and melt away grease and grime.
- Be sure to allow the barbeque to cool. For best results use a steel brush to remove any remaining debris.
- Next, clean the grill with an old clean cloth, hot soapy water and lots of elbow grease. Wipe the lid and exterior with hot soapy water too. Dry it with kitchen towel and it’s burger-flippers at the ready – happy cooking!
**Do check the manufacturer's instructions first as all barbeques are different.
Summer is a really busy time of year for us but we have been enjoying the sunshine with our recent introduction of ‘Heat Wave’ hours, where some staff members can start earlier and finish earlier in time to soak up some sun and spend time with their families. Isn’t that what life is all about?
If you’d like McCreery Cleaning Solutions to handle any of your household chores, why not give us a call for a no obligations quote, we look forward to hearing from you.